So this week wasn't a good week in the weight loss department. Apparently my "cake tasting" was a little overboard. I have never been very diligent with weight loss and since I've had kids it's been worse. It's just not my priority to work out, although it needs to be. I feel like I'm pulled in so many directions it's crazy. All you moms know exactly what I'm talking about so I won't bore you with the details of my obligations.
It's funny, as a nurse, I'm very organized and great with time management. In my new life, my life as a stay at home mom I can't seem to get it together! I'm a list person by nature but I haven't even been making lists and if I do, they get lost or forgotten. I think all that I have to do is a little bit overwhelming so sometimes I just shut down. From everything, except of course taking care of the kids. Like today for example-the kitchen is a mess, Mount Paperwork is erupting on my desk, diapers need washed and literally everywhere needs picked up yet here I am blogging about a messy house instead of cleaning said house... Doesn't seem very logical!
This particular post seems reminiscent of this and this from last year. Seems weight loss and having a "I wanna be super-mom" complex are not new to me. Maybe I need to lower my expectations of myself a little. Honestly though, I feel like I should be able to lose weight and I should be able to clean, cook, play, read and bake on a daily basis. But it seems as though I just can't do it all. And some days, I don't even try. Isn't that horrible? I think so too!
So, needless to say, there will be no picture this week. I could lie and tell you I stayed the same or even lost 0.2 lbs but that would be a lie and I promised myself full disclosure. I was up 0.8lbs this week. Yes, I'm disappointed in myself but this is a journey and I know it will take some time. I'm just not uber dedicated to weight loss, I like food and I like anything other than working out most days! I'm hoping this little setback will be enough to jump start me for the next few weeks until I go to Florida! As far as the other stuff, I do the best I can and that is gonna have to be good enough (said mainly to myself!).
Melissa, I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed in you! We all go through these times in life. And you have a lot on your plate right now. Stress is not going to help you loose weight (not just because you are "testing" cupcakes b/c you are stressed) but your body knows. Your body is getting used to a diet too. I always hated starting a diet and gaining after a few weeks.... Jamie always looked at me and said, "Kel, muscle weighs more than fat! You are turning your fat into muscle before you loose the weight" And its true. And another thing... don't worry about the house. Take small steps and give yourself small tasks each day. Again, you are adjusting to a different lifestyle! Maybe set a goal of one room each day of the week. Instead of saying the kitchen is a mess, the desk looks like a tornado, and the laundry all needs done, divide it all up! You would be super mom if you got all that done plus balance a newborn and a 2 year old everyday. Oh yeah and you are nursing. That takes up a good couple hours of your day! Relax... your next post I want positive. Instead of what you didn't do next week. I want what you did do... like color a picture with Eleanor, took tons of photos of Jonah just laying in bed and that you finally got to take one hot bath :) I don't want your defeats, I want your accomplishment and I know you have many through out the week!
ReplyDelete