When I said goodbye to 2010 just one short year ago, I never knew this is where I'd be. Yet, here I am...divorced, working, happy and feeling blessed. And exceedingly thankful that 2011 is O.V.E.R.!! I will never say it was a horrible year because every year, month and day with my sweet babies is anything but horrible. May not always be great, but never horrible! But for me personally and emotionally it was a roller coaster and I'm happy to be disemarking the ride. I have zero regrets about the way anything happened. I did things on my own timing, which was all God's timing. I did it with grace, kindness and class, also from the good Lord. And most of all, I did it. I got through it. I perservered and I got stronger.
We are finishing up a major project in the house in the coming week or two. I'm so excited to be able to post pictures soon! I want to keep it a secret but I'll just say big changes are coming very soon!!
Now, onto 2012! It's MY year!! I know I said that last year but clearly that was not what was meant to be. I am going to school to get my MSN in nursing education. I will lose this baby (ok, ok, not so much baby weight, but it sounds better...right??) weight. I am going to get braces. I will continue counseling and improving myself. I am starting a bible study for our Oasis group, I'll be co-leader. This last one astounds me and I'm thrilled to be doing God's work for those who have suffered through divorce and relationship troubles. My motto is "I WILL!"
So, even though it was hard to be alone when the ball dropped and even harder to think about those who are together, I'm hopeful this new year is going to be great! I have so many people who love me, support me and do the same for my children. I have an amazing, loving, faithful Saviour. I have everything I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment