Thursday, January 26, 2012

Facebook, Yogurt, and Other Misc Thoughts

So far 2012 has been busy busy busy!  Grad school is in full swing now and I'm trying to find the balance between being a Christian, a mom, a student, a good roommate/cook/house cleaner and finding time for me...who?  Me?  Well, I'm trying and I fall to the bottom of my list but that's ok for now.  I am going to start exercising and make better food choices.  I am not going on a diet, I am not counting calories, carbs, sugars, points or anything of the like and I am not stepping on a scale!  Too much pressure.  Weird for me, I know but it feels good to not put so much into a "diet" only to fall off it and feel defeated so quickly.

About a month ago I deactivated my Facebook acct.  It was a hard habit to break, I'm not going to lie.  But I did eventually and I feel much better about it!  It was wasting too much of my time and I need to shift my focus to school.  That's what I need to be doing on the computer.  We'll see, I might be back but in limited amounts.  I do miss seeing my friend's pictures though and my sweet prayer group!

In more budget news, I'm saving money and selling unwanted items!  I am going to be putting all the money "earned" from selling my stuff to the purchase of a new camera!!  I have wanted a nice camera for so long and the more pictures I take that are blurry or out of focus or just plain bad, the more I am convinced I neeeeeed a great camera.  These kids are too darling to be blurry!  So, hopefully lots of thing will sell fast and I can get my camera ASAP!

Yogurt, sweet and delicious homemade yogurt, how I love you so!  I've started making yogurt and it is so wonderful and cheap!  I'm trying to made things from scratch more this year.  I'm on a strict budget to pay off some debt and to save for a house.  Plus, if I can make it then I know what exactly is in the food I feed my family.  My new rule is "If I can't pronounce it, we shouldn't be eating it!"  Here is a list of the foods I want to make: kefir, mayonnaise, ranch dressing (made with HM mayo), granola, granola bars, pasta and bread!  I'll post my successes and failures.  Here is a picture of a very successful batch of crock pot yogurt straining!  The liquid is whey and it is very good for you too!  I haven't used it for anything yet, but I plan to with the next batch!


In general, life is going really well.  The house project is very close to be finished and I can't wait to post pictures of all the rooms!  It was a pretty big undertaking!  We still need to tweak closets and cupboards but the bulk of the house is organized and on its way to being compete!  So thankful I have the mom and stepdad I do that were willing to totally rearrange their home to meet our needs!  Thanks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment