Soooo, I've been a little preoccupied these last four months, as if I need to mention that. I happened to let a little thing slide....my driver's license. Today I randomly noticed that it expired on my birthday this year and I was shocked. I was bummed that I'd have to pay a fee and take the written test, but ok fine I'll take my medicine....or so I thought!
Boy was I wrong!!! I did have to pay a fee and I did have to take the written test, both of which I did today. I took the test cold and passed with flying colors thank you very much! However, I have to take the driving test also!! That's right my friends, I am only legal to drive WITH a licensed driver in the passenger seat. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I'VE BEEN DRIVING FOR 15 YRS WITH AN IMPECCABLE RECORD I MIGHT ADD AND NOW THE STUPID STATE OF OHIO IS MAKING ME A TEENAGER AGAIN!!!! Needless to say, I'm not happy about this. Here's the kicker: I can't take said driving test, maneuverability included, until August 10th. Looks like this stay at home mommy is truly staying home for a while....stupid state of Ohio!!
7/30/10 UPDATE: Ok, so the DMV isn't so bad in Ravenna, OH. I called yesterday and they were able to get me in this morning at 8:30. By 9:00 I was a legal driver again!! I just barely passed the driving test, apparently my right turns are too wide. I'll be sure to work on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment