Sunday, July 25, 2010

That Sunday Feeling

Sundays are my best days I would say.  The last three Sundays have been especially helpful.  I started a divorce recovery class at the church I've been attending, Hudson Community Chapel.  Then my parents and I go to the service after class.  I also usually get some much needed mommy time!

The Oasis class I've started is helping me learn to forgive and so much more.  I'm so thankful I found this church.  I have met so many wonderful, loving, caring people!  I feel so blessed.  The pastor, Joe Coffey, is amazing.  His sermons blow me away and always teach me something new.  Having found a church home is very settling to me.  This is something I've wanted for a long, long time.  When I leave I feel full of grace, hope and the Holy Spirit.  I truly feel great things will happen for me there and that I could do some sort of ministry there!  Very exciting!

Ah, mommy time, sweet sweet mommy time!  Matt has been taking Eleanor all day and I am free.  Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my baby but I need some time to breathe.  She is becoming quite the mama's girl and I do adore that, however it's demanding.  I also think it's good for those two to be together for longer periods of time.  It allows Matt to really be a father and Eleanor to see him in that role.  Did I mention the mommy time??  Just checkin'!

The sad thing about Sundays is that they go so quickly.  As the week goes by the grace and hope seem to dwindle a little.  I can feel the anger and resentment creeping up in place of the good feelings.  Friday Melissa isn't so open to the idea of shared parenting and forgiveness as Sunday Melissa.  Friday Melissa cries more and reacts more quickly than Sunday Melissa.  I am trying everyday to keep Friday Melissa's feelings and emotions at bay but it's a struggle.  Luckily Sunday Melissa is getting stronger and those good feelings are lasting longer into the week than before.  This is not me, this is the work of God transforming my heart and my soul.  Even Friday Melissa can see that!!

But, ((sigh)) if I could only bottle that Sunday feeling to keep with me throughout the week....

No comments:

Post a Comment