Cook Forest, PA is a national park that we went camping as kids. So, of course, I wanted to take E. We went a few Sundays ago to check it out and now I'm convinced that she'll love camping! She is such an outdoor girl. She wasn't scared of the river at all, she walked right in with all of us cringing and hoping she wouldn't fall. We have made plans to go the last week in July and I'm so excited!
She wouldn't touch the horses but cried when we got back in the car!
Next we went to Columbus to see our friends! We started the trip off with dinner at Bon Vie because I have to have my lobster bisque, mmmmm. Then we went swimming with all the girls and got bit by fire ants! That was the not so fun part of the trip, but if we're going to be nature girls we have to take it I suppose. On Friday we went to German Village to see Heather's apartment and the ducks at the park across the street. One long walk and great lunch later we were on the way home. I didn't get too many pictures but here are a few of my favs.
Taking a moment to enjoy the fountain at Easton
Playing at Tiffany's
Swimming (and napping) at Erin's community pool.
Last weekend Eleanor, Mom, John, Grandma, Kona, Cory, Abby and I all piled into the Subaru and headed to Cincinnati to lounge around her new house and take advantage of the warm Cinci weather and her neighborhood pool! Nick and Kelly were the most wonderful hosts. They cooked and cleaned for us, they helped take care of Eleanor and they showed us a fantastic time!
3 Generations with mom behind the camera!
Playing in the pool
Exploring the steps and backyard
I wish she was happy in her own carseat....
I finished up course 2 of cake decorating at Michael's. The first three classes were making the flowers. The final class we brought a cake and learned the basket weave. I have some practicing to do but I think the cake turned out pretty cute! I gave this one to my step-mom for her birthday and Mother's Day...all belated but better late than never, right?!?! They loved it and when asked if it tasted good all my dad said was "Darn you, Melissa, darn you!" I'll take that as a compliment!
Whew! That was a long one! I would have put pictures of NBS (new baby Smith) put the little stinker was face down. Luckily the doctors need to see the face and all four chambers of the heart so I have to have another ultrasound at 24 weeks...oh darn! Hopefully I'll have those cute little profile pictures to post then.






No comments:
Post a Comment