Month 1
I was so excited to find out March 8th that I was pregnant. I wasn't late, I just knew. I even took the test in the evening because I was so sure! That was the same with Eleanor. I set the test where Matt sets his keys and wallet and waited for him to come home. I was nervous but so happy to tell him. He was nervous about the timing but said he was excited. We hugged and kissed, then called our family and friends!! This baby was planned for and wanted from the start.
This month brought on more tiredness and nausea! So far, very similar to what I experienced with Eleanor's pregnancy....does that mean another girl? Since I'm still carrying some extra love from the first time around, I felt bloated and fat earlier! Ick. The craving for Coca-Cola was strong! The smell of coffee made me feel sick but the sweet, bubbly cool taste of Coke was just what I needed! Luckily I was able to keep it to just one a day. I'm really trying to keep the weight gain to a minimum this time since I've already got the cushion around the middle....hee hee!!
This month was also the first ultrasound! It is amazing to see the the little peanut growing inside me! I think of how much I love my Ellie Bellie and I know I'll love the next one just as much. The miracle of life is something to be celebrated. I try not to complain to much for just that reason. Although sometimes, little whines do leak out :)
Month 3
Ok so clearly this little baby is pushing way out sooner than I thought possible! Luckily I have a great collection of maternity clothes. Still sick and tired, but excited that the baby is growing and is healthy. I love going to the doctor's to hear the heartbeat! I haven't gained much weight yet and I'm happy about that. It's not for lack of eating though! It's all going straight to the belly. I'm afraid I'm going to look full term by 6 months! Coke is still the perfect beverage, otherwise no real cravings. I tend to like salty more than sweet though, I'd take a deli pickle over ice cream any day!
Month 4
I'm excited that this month I'm coming out of the "fat or pregnant??" stage. You know, where people can't tell if you're a little plump or pregnant! I'm getting the real belly bump! I felt like I was back in CA though when I went into a maternity store and some lady told me I looked like I was having twins...really?? Can't a girl get a break in a MATERNITY store for crying out loud! I realize that I look farther along than I really am but that's just rude! Still nausea and tired and loving coke, but coffee is ok sometimes too!
Well, that about sums up my pregnancy thus far! I have the 20 week ultrasound in one week from tomorrow and I'm so excited to see the baby again. I've decided to not find out what the sex is. At least I hope I can. This pregnancy has to be my own, different from the first and this is one way I can do just that! Oh and the doctor said I can have a totally natural delivery as long as everything looks good. She said I'd have to labor at the hospital and be monitored just in case something happens but I'm so excited about the possibility of a natural delivery! I'm looking forward to less nausea, more energy and feeling the baby move in the upcoming weeks! I'll update at five months again!

No comments:
Post a Comment