Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Melissas and Babies

This past weekend Matt, Eleanor and I had the pleasure of visiting with my sister in law Melissa and her 15 month old baby, Macey!  They made a 7.5 hr drive to come see us.  It was a wine filled, girls weekend.  There were few lapses in conversation, many laughs and lots of love.  Eleanor and I just loved having them here and we miss them already!  Luckily we're trying to plan some trips to IL and for them to come here again soon...with all five kids and Matt's brother-can you imagine the chaos??  It'll be great and we're so excited to stuff all 10 of us in our little houses!!!  

Melissa is one of the best mommies I know and I'll take any opportunity to learn from her.  She has FIVE kids so she's been around the block and knows a thing or two, to say the absolute least, about mothering.  We talked liked sisters, drank wine like college roomies and loved on each others babies like family.  It was so nice to have her here.  So thanks Melissa for being a great sis in law and a wonderful friend!

The two little ones were kinda of unsure about each other but still had fun together.  I think they're still kinda young to really "play" together well.  They pretty much stole each other's sippy cups and toys back and forth.  Poor Macey could hardly keep her binky and blankie without Eleanor snatching them up!  Distraction helped a little but Elle is determined so it was a good thing that Melissa brought plenty of extras and shared with her!  
Bath time Fun!!
Oh Macey, what did mama do to your hair??


Just makin music with Dora.

I think the mommies enjoyed the carousel more than the babies...at least the moving part!


Not sure mom needed to take a behind picture but I still think it's cute.


Just hanging around the house in their matching jammies :)


And now the eyes on these girls...


Those Smith babies have gorgeous eyes...no blah blue or boring brown, nuh-uh!!

Finally, who doesn't love babies in matching outfits???  Aren't the headbands just to die for???  Thanks Grandma Hendren for the headbands and this summer the girls have another matching shirt to go with their pants, courtesy of Grandma Linda!  They're like brunette and blond Patty Dukes :)





A big THANK YOU to Melissa & Macey for a fantastic weekend.  Can't wait for round two!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! So awesome and thanks for all of the compliments on mommyhood!!!! You are an awesome mommy yourself!!! We had such a wonderful time!!! I mean really, with 2 melissa smiths it could have been nothing but awesome!!! ;)
    Thanks for making us feel so welcome and at home!!! We will be coming again for sure!!!
    Rick and the big kids did great, I even came home to a CLEAN house!!! Wow, did not expect that, I expected to come home to a wreck!!!!
    We miss you girls too and my glass of wine last night just didn't taste the same without you!!! We were however very glad to see daddy and the other kids and Macey was so excited to see the puppies!!!
    I love you sista, you are the best!!!!
    Looking forward too many many many more fun times!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete