Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Eleanor's Birthday


I thought it over and decided my sweet little toddler needed a post all to herself for her very first birthday!  Matt's Aunt Tammy, Dad and Donna (his dad's girlfriend-love her!) came in to celebrate with us.  We had the party at my mom's house and it was perfect!  Aunt Kelly and Uncle Nick even drove up to celebrate with us.  Eleanor is so lucky to have such great family surrounding her.














She is so loving and outgoing, it's hard not to fall in love with her instantly....at least I think so!  She was so girly in her pink tu-tu and even had her name on her bum!

See....

She really enjoyed her cake....and so did I!

She was timid at first....
  

So I showed her how to bite...

Now she's got it!!

And so did I!  Thanks Mom!!

Good thing I'm easy going...and like cake :)


And now the presents!  She was so excited to open them and couldn't believe that they were all for her:



  I'm sure she's thinking-"See this?  Yeah-it's MINE and don't touch it!"


This is her new "mean" face.  We all loved it...so of course, she did it all the time!

Now a few candid shots from the day....





































































All in all it was a perfect party for my perfect princess!  While we were singing happy birthday to her, I teared up (so did Grandma!).  I had such mixed emotions about my baby turning 1.  She's not quite a toddler, at least not in my heart, but she's most certainly not a baby anymore.  I've since accepted this fact, especially because she's walking and talking more each day.  So....if it walks like a toddler and talks like a toddler....SHE'S MY BABY AND YOU CAN'T TELL ME DIFFERENTLY!!!!  One last picture with mama before bed, oh how I love this child....


No comments:

Post a Comment