How is it possible that my sweet little baby boy is one? Wasn't he just born? Didn't I just labor for hours upon hours upon hours? I remember the day perfectly. Check it out if you want to share in the memory of Jonah's birth (link).
The Stats
Weight-21.6 pounds (25th percentile)
Length-30.5 inches (60th percentile, or so)
Head-still small (10th percentile)
Words
Mama
Dada
Baba
Hi
goo-goo-ga-ga and lots of other precious baby babbles
General Daily Habits
Sleep-through the night. Yup, he did that all on his own around nine months or so. Nothing like what I went through with Eleanor (link)!
Naps-still on two-a-days, each about two hours. I'm trying to get him on the one nap a day to be more consistent with Eleanor. But the little guy still needs his sleep so he gets two.
Teeth-Four, two top and two bottom. Little stinker doesn't seem to want to get anymore.
Nursing-sadly no. Mama dried up and Jonah wasn't getting nearly enough so we weaned. It was sad but then it was freeing for me. I was either pregnant or nursing for over three years! That's a long time so I was kinda happy to have my body back although I would have nursed longer, as long as he wanted if it had been possible.
Temper-Temper? What temper? This child is the most mild, sweet, loving little guy you'll ever meet. He tolerates when his sister and his cousin Teddy take him down, crawl on him, push him, hug and kiss him. He loves to kiss, open mouth of course and gives the best cuddles!
Looks-darling and precious of course! He's looking less like his daddy and a little more like his mommy. I love that he has my cleft chin and Matt's blond curls and blue eyes. I hope he stays a blonde-haired blue-eyed boy. It's such a striking contrast next to his brunette, brown-eyed sissy.
Loves-his sister, his babas, his mimi, tickles, flying with Bubby.
Nicknames-Joney-baloney, shortened to Joney. It's just too cute to hear Ellie call him Joney. Sorry in advance buddy, didn't mean for it to stick!
I am so thankful to have such an amazing little son to raise. I know God has his loving hand on my boy every day and I'm excited to see what each day holds as well as his future.
No comments:
Post a Comment