Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pumpkin Extravaganza!

This year we went to the pumpkin farm three times!  We went to Nickajack Farms (link) and then to Mapleside Farms

Our first trip was to Nickajack Farms, a yearly fav, with our friends!  It was great to get together with these moms and babies.  When Eleanor, Zoe and Pacen were just itty bitties the mommies met every week at The (beloved) Breastfeeding Center in Massilon.  The group was from 11-1 but we always stayed longer and lunch afterwards was common!  Seeing all the big kids was awesome AND we each have new additions as well.  The weather was so warm and the fall colors were beautiful!  Eleanor had a blast with her friends and we mommies had a fun time catching up.  My favorite part was watching Ellie ride the horse.  This horse was absolutely beautiful and huge.  Ellie looked so tiny up there but she was so brave and was so proud of herself, as was I!  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from the day.  My friend Stephanie took all the pictures and she doesn't have them anymore.  So disappointed...  And it didn't help that I lost my phone...  Luckily it was recovered.  The drive back out there (over an hour away) was not so fun however!








Second trip was to Nickajack Farms again.  This time with Pa-pa and Nana and all the cousins.  It was so much fun.  I just love that Eleanor and Jonah get to be around family so much.  The kids were so well behaved and enjoyed playing all the games and the hayride. 














Our final pumpkin outting was my favorite.  The kids and I ventured out to Brunswick to hit up Mapleside Farms.  It is truly a pumpkin and kid haven!  There was a huge jumping pillow that Eleanor and I waited in a long line to jump on.  When it was finally our turn she couldn't even jump and made me hold her AND try to jump!  Needless to say the following pics, of me on the floor, were about the extent of our pillow jumping experience.  The activities were endless at this farm: a huge slide which Mom and I did, a horse drawn carriage ride through the apple orchard, a little bouncy house for toddlers, a few corn mazes, a huge play ground, a pick-your-own-pumpkin pumpkin field, a wonderful little gift shop and the bakery.  The bakery is what makes this farm my favorite.  I'm not a huge fan of pie in general, least of all, fruit pies.  But we all wanted pie and they were running short so dutch apple it was.  Let me tell you, this was the best pie I've ever had in my entire life.  I dreamed about this pie.  I would do just about anything for this silly pie.  I wish I had taken a picture of it, it was pretty and delicious.  By the end we were all chilly, hungry and tired.  So we ended the day at Cracker Barrell by the fire.  Sounds like fall fantasy to me!















We certainly enjoyed all that fall had to offer this year as far as pumpkins!  It was so much fun to spend so much time with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment