Well, if I'm anything it's consistent! And I'm consistently bad at keeping up with projects. I may not be exactly spot on every day with five things. After all, life (i.e. job hunting, interviews, counseling, diapers, meals, shopping, loving on two amazing kids...you get the idea!) happens. I have, however, kept up to the best of my ability. So here are my five gifts for today:
213. Organizing areas of the house and making a new play area for the kids in the living room
214. Jonah having his own room
215. Going to bed and NOT having to be quiet so I don't wake a sleeping baby
216. Watching Eleanor master the slide and the sheer joy on her face as she appears from the tube
217. Hearing Eleanor say her nightly prayers, "Love you Jesus, Thank You Jesus, Help me sleep Jesus"
I have really been enjoying taking the time to sit down and literally count my blessings. Some days they flow out of me and others I struggle to find three. It's on the struggling days that I dig deep and really hear what God wants me to and it's on those days that the blessings are the most meaningful. As D-Day (the word divorce is still too painful, so I say this instead) approaches I'm sure the days of struggling will be more frequent. So, I'm prepared to dig deep, open my ears and heart and listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment