Friday, July 1, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

I am trying so hard to deal with some of my major flaws.  Lately, envy has been weighing heavily on my heart, as evidenced by my last post.  I was clicking through some of my favorite blogs and came upon this. A light went off in my head!  I sooooo need to do this.

This is a challenge to see beauty everyday and be thankful for it.  God doesn't always hand us answers to our prayers on silver platters, not does He offer up exactly what we ask for when we ask for.  However, everyday He gives us something, many things in fact, to know He's there and He loves us.  It is these small things, things that may seem silly or insignificant or even things that may go unnoticed, that make each day great.  I want to recognize God's small blessings and small miracles.

Oddly enough, it's July 1st, leaving exactly six months left to create my 1,000 gifts.  I would like to share some of these gifts here!  I believe that this will help me focus on what I DO have and not what I DON'T have.  I'm excited to get this started so here it goes, my first 5 out of 1,000 gifts that I'm so very thankful for:

1. A beautiful summer day with bright sun and no clouds!
2. Great friends to spend this beautiful day with, in the pool no less.
3. 95.5 The Fish radio station, the music moves me to tears sometimes.  Love it!
4. doTerra Essential Oils, they are so pure and I feel so great when I use them.
5. Letting go of my hang ups with formula so I can make sure my sweet son gets fed when my milk runs                 low at the end of the day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment