Monday, December 6, 2010
Hopeful in an impossible situation
There are some changes in our lives this past week. With the birth of Jonah, I've realized a few things and so has Matt. My family is the most important thing in my life, this includes Matt. He was so helpful in the hospital and the first week Jonah was home. We spent time together, each taking turns playing with Eleanor and holding Jonah. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable but it was completely normal either. But, it did spark something in both of us to want to try to work out our problems. The challenge of restoring our marriage seems impossible given certain things. Some may call me crazy, others may be proud of me for even being willing to take him back. Outside distractions are trying desperately to persuade him to make a different choice. Regardless of what the rest of the world says, Matt and I are committed to start down the road to having a solid, loving marriage. Neither one of us believes in staying together for the kids, this is not what this is about. We are both willing to put in the effort and know that the road will be long and difficult but the benefits could be amazing. To all my friends and family, please pray for us and our children and please support our choices, even if you don't agree. I am so blessed to have the people I do in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment