Today we had our first play date! Tiffany and Reagan came up from Columbus to meet Eleanor. I had bought them matching outfits a while ago and they were so cute. Reagan fills out her tomato shirt a little better than my little peanut, but Eleanor will grow into it I'm sure! We couldn't get them together, either crying or happy! But they are both so darn adorable it doesn't matter, take a look...
It was great to see them, it's always nice to commiserate with other mothers. Speaking of other mommies, I went to a breastfeeding support group and it was so helpful. It was from 11am to 1pm at The Breastfeeding Center. It is a center that runs a few support groups, baby massage and a store. Naturally I got starry eyed in the store, it has everything for breastfeeding, swaddling and anything in between. It was hard to control myself.
The first hour of the group moms sit around, weigh their babies (before feeding), feed their babies and chat, then weigh the baby again to see how much she took. The second hour a lactation consultant comes in and moms can ask questions, get help with latching and discuss issues. It was great. I realized I am not alone in my obsessive need to make breastfeeding work and my baby is not the only non-perfect child out there. The babies just hang out eating, playing on blankets or cuddling in their mommies arms (as was the case with my little attachment!). I learned a lot and was very encouraged. I even made a few friends. I'm so excited to go back.
I've decided to go with reusable all-in-one cloth diapers. A few of the mothers in the support group use them and love them. I was going to do a diaper service for a while, then get the prefold diapers. The ones that I'm trying out are sooo much better. I'm testing the Bum Genius, Fuzzi Bunz and Thirsties brands. They are fantastic and I can't wait to use them exclusively. I'll let you know which one wins!
The one downfall was that Eleanor isn't gaining weight appropriately. She has only gained about 5 ounces in 2 wks and is just barely up to her birth weight. I'm trying not to overreact but I'm frustrated. Luckily, as I mentioned before, I'm obsessively committed to overcoming all challenges and have a healthy, happy breastfed baby! I'm sure with the support of the moms at the Breastfeeding Center I'll succeed...as if there is another option ;)
You're such a strong momma! Reagan and Eleanor Rose...BFF!!
ReplyDelete