Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My big girl house!

Here is the story of how my house came to me, a true gift from God...

There is a house on a nearby street that I loved.  I thought if that house ever goes on sale, I want to look at it.  Well, three weeks ago it went on sale!  So, I looked it up and we walked by.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted and the price was a little too high.  That got me, mom, and John looking for more homes.  John found one on the street right across the road.  He and I took a walk to see it.  Again, it wasn't what I was looking for but it was such a nice night we continued on with our walk.  By a random decision, we walked down Hanover Street and there she was.  All new and sparkly and beautiful!  The house is being renovated by the city of Cuyahoga Falls.  Mom called the next day and by Friday I had all of my financial information and loan pre-approval letter together, ready to go.  Saturday we got a tour inside and I was even more in love!  I knew this was my house and it was going to be perfect for the three of us!

By Monday all the paperwork was turned in and on Tuesday, as I sat in the orthodontist chair, I got the phone call from my realtor telling me they accepted my offer and the house was as good as mine!  Since then I've enjoyed dreaming, planning, and buying for my first big girl house!  It's not even finished yet, so I won't be able to close for another three weeks or so.  But, after a trip to a local antique guy and a great Saturday spent at Ikea, I'm close to having everything ready to go!  Now comes the fun stuff...paint colors!  Luckily, one of my good friends (who blogs about local restaurants here) is an interior designer.  I took some before pictures, so enjoy the sneak peak.  The next blog post about the house will be the finished product, my vision for my home for my perfect little family of three!




The upstairs rooms.  Each room has built in dressers and small bookshelves!


The kitchen


The doors leading out to the garage and the patio


More kitchen


Living room


Accent wall with Livi!


More built-ins downstairs


The playroom


Not too many pictures because it's not finished yet.  But, I wanted to give you an idea how how it all started!  I absolutely love this home.  I feel so blessed to receive such an amazing gift.  God is so good!!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Miss,
    Had no idea! It's been too long, like always. I am so happy for you! Congratulations!
    Trista

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete