Knowing Eleanor would get it too, I waited with baited breath. And, she did. A few days after Jonah had his first fever, I noticed Eleanor acting a little strange, a little (a lot actually) unlike herself...she was quiet, withdrawn, and cuddled up on the floor with her blanket. I know my Eleanor and she is a spitfire so when she started acting this way, I checked her temp immediately. Sure enough, it was elevated. I let her sleep with me that night. I even brought tylenol downstairs with us so I could medicate her through the night. She slept like a log! The next morning I was still expecting her to feel awful, just as Jonah had. She was perfectly fine and perfectly Eleanor, in all her three year old glory! The spots eventually came but she had roughly twelve hours of feeling bad. I know many people prayer for her and I truly believe that is what helped heal her! She is still milking it and showing me her boo-boos, though they're fading into a distant memory!!
Another thing about my three year old, other than her obsession with boo-boos and band-aids, is her love of all things girly! She loves to get into my make-up, dress-up, and go shopping...I know, I know...I'm in trouble. So, one day I was sitting in the living room holding Jonah thinking Eleanor had gone to pee. I called her name after a while and she confirmed she was, in fact, in the bathroom. What a good girl I thought. More time passed and I started to worry, as any mother of a precocious three year old would. I went back to the bathroom and this is what I found....
Oh yes!! She was quite proud of herself for this little stunt! It took me twenty minutes to get it all off and I had to leave her with hot pick stained fingers and cuticles because nail polish this thick never fully comes clean. Needless to say, I have since moved my nail polish caddy higher and out of sight...oh hind sight you really do get the better of me too often!!
This is my collection of pink Kitchenaid appliances and I love them! I never knew how wonderful a food processor was, I had always heard and "needed" one but not until now when I finally own one, do I understand the power of the processor!
This is how I work on school papers and discussion boards! If you know a better way, I challenge you to tell me. Typing one-handed is not even the hard part, it's trying to keep a sleeping princess from falling into the abyss of papers that lie below her! I should seriously do a post of all her random naps!
This delicious creation is a mexican salad with homemade whole wheat tortillas! The beef was slow-cooked and was so simple it's silly! The tortillas were an experiment but beyond worth it! I'll make them again for sure, both of them.



No comments:
Post a Comment