In other news, we had a week of firsts. We had our first dinner out at Quaker State & Lube for wings. She slept in her carseat.....that is until the food came, then she thought it was her dinner too! I didn't even attempt to eat wings and hold a squirmy baby. She also had her first tub bath. At first she cried, then she really liked it. Although once we did her hair she cried and was ready to get dry and cozy. All in all it was a good week.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Seven ounces!!
Today we had another positive experience at the Breastfeeding Center. The best news was that Eleanor now weighs 8lbs, which means she gained 7 ounces in 7 days. She's such a good girl, mommy said gain weight and she did!! I realized I wasn't pushing her to eat enough. That was a hard thing to swallow-my baby wasn't gaining and it was inadvertently my fault??? I'm a rookie mommy and I can't beat myself up about it, just learn from it and feed her feed her feed her! So that's what we've been doing. The scale also showed us that she was eating enough. I will continue to pump and supplement if needed, though this past week she didn't really need it too much. I think we're on the up and up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are a great mommy! And I'm so happy that MY BABY is doing so much better!
ReplyDelete