I didn't start the Keys with Matt so it wasn't quite as hard. The last two times I went were with Matt and those were the most recent memories I had, so I needed to face them. Never mind the fact that it was the one year mark that Matt left. I remember vividly the details of that week and basically ruined my parents first Keys vacation in a long, long time. They were so wonderful taking time to talk to me whenever I needed. Also, two days after we returned from our last trip there in May 2008, we found out I was pregnant with Eleanor. It was on the way out of the Keys that I experienced my first morning sickness, though we didn't know it at the time! It was such a warm, happy memory for me looking back, knowing I was growing our first baby. Also, I loved introducing Matt to one of my favorite vacation places and he loved it just as much as I ever had. Many future vacations were in our future, or so I thought.
This year, I am happy to say that I made new memories with my TWO beautiful babies. And, I'm looking forward to next year with the new friends we made. I am so thankful to my parents who helped me so much with taking care of the kids. We all took turns staying inside while the kids napped. It was a blessing to be able to go and have their help. Eleanor loved the beach and the pool! She was such a good girl and even slept in a "big girl bed" with me. (Side note-we tried a toddler rail on her crib, but that didn't go so well. So she remains in a crib!) I did, indeed, take back the Keys. I still have the memories and the photos of former trips, a former life really, but I have better memories and sweeter pictures now. And no one will bitter those memories, ever. And now, here is the photographic evidence of my favorite Keys trip to date!
On the plane, ready to head to Florida!
Eleanor loves happy hour
She had so much fun digging in the sand
Jonah liked the beach, but only for a few minutes
Making silly faces!
Making sweet faces!
Sleeping in the big bed...dangerously close to the edge!
The "animals" at Safari lounge.
Good morning Florida!
Last night at a fav spot, The Lorelei
Sunset
Eleanor absolutely loved the magician, it was so fun to watch her watch him!
Me and my beautiful children, how lucky am I??



Love the picture of you, Eleanore, and Johah! Also the one of you by yourself at the table. So beautiful and confidant.
ReplyDelete